- It creates monthly topical educational and informational features,
- promotes discovery and access of exceptional STEM resources,
- provides realtime access to most broadcasted UCAR seminars,
- promotes connection among UCAR, its member universities, their students, and the science saavy.
UCARConnect for Students
“Understanding the complex, changing planet on which we live, how it supports life, and how human activities affect its ability to do so in the future is one of the greatest intellectual challenges facing humanity. It is also one of the most important challenges for society as it seeks to achieve prosperity, health, and sustainability.”
- National Research Council
Weather and climate — both good and bad, over short and long terms — affect our economy, health, safety, and security. While the threats associated with extreme weather and climate change are substantial, climate change also offers adaptation advantages of considerable economic significance, including those associated with water, food and energy sustainability.
Job opportunities and career options in the atmospheric sciences are as varied as the weather itself. Imagination is the only real limit to the kind of life one builds on an education in the atmospheric and related sciences!
Please explore the resources in UCARConnect's Students section to discover the many education and career possibilities in the atmospheric sciences.